At SOBcon yesterday in Chicago, Robyn Tippins, who was recently hired as the MyBlogLog community manager, spoke about several major upcoming changes with MyBlogLog.
There are several changes in the works:
1) The biggest news is that there will be a rebranding of MyBlogLog. The exact timing and new brand were not revealed. (YahooBlogLog or MyYahooLog? Time will tell.)
2) A complete site redesign is on the way!
3) A new “Widget 2.0″ is coming with some hover features.
4) Yahoo! is hard at work to remove the offensive photos so that MyBlogLog would be palatable to more conservative business blogs.
5) Some sort of method to turn off your presence for some types of sites will be added.
As they do not have these changes locked in, Robyn would love your comments and feedback. To not overwhelm her, please drop your comments below.
Analysis: The rebranding is not a surprise move. MyBloglog is really only known amongst the first adoptors and blogosphere and getting the Yahoo! name is front of more people in a soft way is a good move. Yahoo! seems committed to making these changes, while listening to suggestions and making the product more dynamic. Looks like the best is yet to come from MyBlogLog.