I am a digital marketing leader and digital business ecommerce strategist. The level of role that people contact me about can vary widely based on where they are in their evolution and the size of the organization. My skills are best used to strategically realign business marketing resources effectively.
My background includes agile work experience at BlackRock during the 80 to 800 person growth phase transforming an industry space to create a market leader and a top 10 MBA. I am also a recognized digital business thought leader who has done business keynote speaking internationally at digital business an other conferences.
DAVID M. DALKA
Chicago, Illinois 60657
DIGITAL MARKETING / BUSINESS LEADER RESUME SUMMARY
Results oriented business strategy consultant with diverse experience improving business and ecommerce operations, finance, risk, and product management. Strengths include creating real time business decision making processes to create proper action. Proven General Manager driven to maximize website traffic, market share, revenue and cash flow growth at lowest marginal cost. Skilled at diagnosing root causes to take the right action and improve operating margins quickly. Hands on business leadership and investment banking experience driving results across both growth stage and Fortune 500 companies, including BlackRock’s hypergrowth phase. Willing to travel and relocate. Core competencies include:
- Executive Leadership: Lead revenue, margin, ROI, and cash flow improvement, consensus building, teamwork & mentoring.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Online lead generation, search engine optimization (SEO/SEM), ecommerce channel management, customer relationship management, competitive analysis, social media, mobile and location based services.
- IT / Product Management: Business technology trends, ecommerce operations, real time customer segmentation, process improvement, web analytics, payments and enterprise risk management. Specialize in creation of elite customer service.
- Financial Analysis / Sales Operations: P&L optimization forecasting, financial analysis, budgeting and deal structuring.
- Results Orientation: Cultivates team culture that leverages business drivers into practical results like profitable revenue, margin improvement and satisfied customers. Lives Peter Drucker’s customer focus and Tom Peters’ bias for action.
DIGITAL BUSINESS STRATEGY CONSULTANT, Chicago, Illinois
Implement business strategies that deliver market leadership, rapid growth and strong ROI in highly competitive markets
- Replaced $1 Million media budget with digital content strategy and SEO traffic. Improved profit margin over six percent.
- Digital marketing client example: Unique site visitors up 45%, reduced media spending 50% creating P&L margin improvement.
- Increased revenue and margin by changing marketing budgets after competitive analysis for ecommerce and enterprise clients.
- Led executive retreats to rejuvenate people to apply business basics they already know to enable successful digital strategy.
- Founded performance advertising platform. Sold intellectual property created to a multi-billion dollar global digital media firm.
- Advised companies on platform and analytics vendor selection, digital marketing multichannel management and search engine marketing techniques to improve relevant customer acquisition, conversion and retention rates.
- Implemented content management system improving organic web traffic over 200% for healthcare industry client.
KEYCORP (KEY), Fortune 500 Corporation Internal Marketing Strategy Consulting Group Cleveland, Ohio
Assistant Vice President, Client Strategy Analyst (Marketing Strategy Consulting) 2004-2005
- Captured $10 Million additional annual revenue by optimizing B2B sales force, payments, pricing and credit activities.
- Reallocated sales force and financial advisors to high potential growth segments to improve sales productivity.
- Designed acquisition, cross-selling and retention strategy treatments designed to maximize client profitability via CRM.
- Led a 14 member team that defined and implemented Market Requirements Documents (MRDs), Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) for B2B and B2C sales management and marketing analytics utilizing Cognos business intelligence tools.
MUSICFRISK.COM, a Pre-funding (B2C) Music Fan Community and Advertising Network
Founder, President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Formed entrepreneurial business plan to create relevant customer content utilizing big data monetization in pre-Myspace era.
PPM AMERICA, INC., North American Asset Management Subsidiary of Prudential plc
Business Development—Senior Quantitative Analyst, Fixed Income, 1998-2002
- Created $5 million annual revenue stream through institutional client development. Led full-cycle product launch and budget(P&L) of customized Japanese investment vehicle which grew to over $4 billion in fixed income assets under management.
- Led team that improved cycle time 90% and reduced headcount through redesign of proprietary portfolio analysis process that became a pivotal tool in client acquisition, portfolio decision making and flexible client portal communications.
- Engineered cash flow models for portfolios, individual corporate, privately issued, asset-backed, commercial and residential mortgage-backed securities. Structured CDO securities with investment bankers for primary market sale.
BLACKROCK, INC., Innovative Provider of Asset Management and Risk Consulting (pre-IPO now BLK)
New York, New York
Associate—Promotion from Analyst January, 1997
- Transformed information technology cost center through team initiative into a new revenue generating B2B lines of business.
- Led multiple teams of up to 20 members for time sensitive, coinciding projects. Selected, trained and mentored 12 employees.
- Leveraged strong vendor relationships and business policies to create a zero tolerance big data integrity environment.
- Created real time business rule monitoring process to create industry-leading client experience and increased retention.
- Managed exponential growth through process redesigns that allowed redeployment of 7 full time employees to new tasks.
- Directed enterprise projects for Account, Risk and Portfolio Management teams that grew customer acquisition rates, accuracy of portfolio manager decision making and developed elite, customer focused and Internet delivered client service.
ALLIANCE CAPITAL, L.P., Global Investment Management Subsidiary of AXA Group
New York, New York
Portfolio Manager Assistant— Promotion from Mutual Fund Accountant, 1993-1995
- Launched Asia / Australian product, analyzed portfolios and individual securities, delivered client presentations and RFPs.
- Led team of support resources, executed all fixed income and cash equivalent trading for over $5 billion in assets.
STEIN, ROE & FARNHAM, INC., Investment Management Company
Mutual Fund Accountant 1990-1992
- Prepared daily net asset values, compliance, expense analysis and mutual fund performance board of director materials.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Master of Business Administration (MBA): Entrepreneurship and Finance(previously Chicago GSB) 2003
• Attended while working full-time, Dean’s List, Co-chair of Professionals’ Finance Club, Marketing & Consulting Club
Bachelor of Science in Commerce: Accounting
PRESS / ARTICLES
- Quoted in Wall Street Journal; Appeared on Peter Clayton Human Capital Strategy Podcast http://bit.ly/cmIToN
- Social Media is an Innovation Tool and a Marketing Tool http://tinyurl.com/rapid-innovation
- The Emerging Media Skill Set of the Generation X Chief Marketing Officer http://bit.ly/69iZzT
- Effective Search Marketing Strategy Determines Fate of Organizations http://searchenginewatch.com/3641478
PUBLIC SPEAKING / BUSINESS SPEAKER
- Solo Presentation, Agile 2011, The Potential for Agile Digital Marketing Business Strategy, Salt Lake City, Utah, August, 2011
- Panel, IIR Technology Market Research, Social Media – Scientific Technology or Business Practice?, Chicago, IL, May, 2011
- Keynote Speaker, Total Marketing CMO Forum, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, November, 2010
- Keynote Speaker, Internet Hungary, Budapest / Siofok, Hungary, October, 2010
- Incisive Media Search Engine Strategies Chicago, “Selling Search Marketing to the C-Suite”, October, 2010
- Search Exchange – Internet Marketing Conference 2010, Charlotte, NC, May, 2010
- Search Marketing Expo, SMX Toronto 2010, Search Business Strategies Track, April, 2010
- Think Tank Live! Milwaukee, Opening Business Keynote Speaker, February, 2010
- Affiliate Summit East 2009, New York City, “Removing Enterprise Barriers: Budgets, Silos, Creating Dominance”
- WordCamp Chicago 2009, “Measuring Search Engine Marketing Success”
- Mediabistro User Generated Content Conference and Expo (UGCX) 2009 – “Marketing 2.0”
- Onrec Expo 2008 – “The Future of Sourcing and Hiring Star Performers”
- University of Chicago – “How To Reorganize Management For Social Media, Search Marketing & Internet Advertising”
- eComXpo 2006 – “Mobile Search Marketing – Coming Evolution of Chief Marketing Officer to Chief Customer Officer”
- Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, retargeting, DSP, big data decision strategy, SQL
- Webtrends, CoreMetrics, Omniture and Google Analytics, salesforce.com, Demandware and Cognos business intelligence
- Bloomberg, Intex, Derivative Solutions, FINRA regulations and Agile design data integrity initiatives to achieve superior analysis
Cool places to visit or maybe even to live. Target speaking, consulting, permanent or interim executive regions…:
Abu Dhabi – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Austin, TX 78701 – area code (512)
Los Angeles – Burbank, CA 91504 – area code (323), (310), (818)
Boston – Cambridge, MA 02138 – area code (617), (508)
Charlotte, NC 28202 – area code (704), (980)
Chicago, IL 60606 – area code (312), (773), (630), (708), (847)
Dallas, TX 75201 – area code (214), (569), (972)
Boulder – Denver, CO 80202 – area code (303), (720)
Kansas City, MO 64101 – area code (816), (913)
Minneapolis, MN 55413 – area code (612)
Mountain View, CA 94043 – area code (650), (408), (415)
New York, NY 10105 – area code (212), (917), (201), (908), (718), (203), (646)
Wellington, New Zealand
Palo Alto, CA 94305 – area code (650), (408), (415)
San Diego, CA 92101 – area code (619)
San Francisco, CA 94103 – area code (650), (408), (415)
Seattle, WA 98101 (Bellevue)- area code (206), (425)
Shanghai, China (a sister city of Chicago)
Toronto, Canada (a sister city of Chicago) – area code (416)
Tucson, AZ 85718 – area code (520)
Vancouver, British Columbia (604) ) (778)
Wilmington, DE 19885 (302)