This job description seems to indicate the future acquisition of new land for more Googleplex locations….
1) Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Google’s new building program in Northern California.
2) Experience in with campus development projects required.
Anyone have ideas where this might be located or have information about the plans? Do tell.
Director Real Estate and Workplace Services (HQ/NorCal) – Mountain View
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The Director of Real Estate and Workplace Services/HQ Properties, NorCal is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of real estate development, transaction management, project management and workplace services (office management) for all Google offices located in the Northern California. This position will liaise with company leadership to establish an overall strategic facilities plan and execute the plan within the framework of the global real estate plan, budget and service delivery methodology. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Real Estate and Workplace Services.
* Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Google’s new building program in Northern California.
* Responsible for all aspects of transaction management within the region; site selection and lease negotiation.
* Responsible for all design, tenant build outs, and facility management within the region.
* Responsible for the delivery of all workplace services within the region including building operations, reception and mail services and office management.
* Develop detailed operating budgets for each office within corporate performance metrics and manage each line of service within established budgets.
* Define goals and objectives for outsourced service providers and manage their performance against defined goals.
* Develop, implement and monitor regional strategic facility goals against corporate metrics established by the Vice President of Real Estate and Workplace Services.
* Educate and set reasonable expectations for company leadership, their management teams and all Googlers about the real estate process, schedule and costs.
* Develop and maintain strong alliances and effective communication channels at all levels within the region.
* Ensure continual process improvement of Real Estate and Workplace Services’ delivery model.
* Perform financial analysis of projects and prepare recommendations the management team.
* Generate real estate reports, executive presentations and business cases.
* Ensure regional service quality and client satisfaction.
* Bachelors’ degree from a mid to top tier school in related field (i.e. business, engineering etc.), MBA preferred.
* 10+ years corporate/commercial real estate.
* Experience in with campus development projects required.
* Experience in a high-tech, fast paced environment preferred.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Innovated, critical thinker.
* Demonstrate the ability to think strategically.
* Demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple and changing initiatives.
* Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Strong customer service skills.