The eagerly anticipated launch of Crazy Egg (or do you say Crazyegg?) is here!
Crazy Egg allows you to “Visualize Your Visitors” and gives you a clear picture of where your visitors are clicking and allows you to enhance your site’s results. By inserting a simple few lines of code, Crazy Egg allows you to see where people are clicking on your site and generate reports via overlay, list and heatmaps. The product has already been used on sites at leading ecommerce retailers who have given it a big thumbs up. For my blog, Crazy Egg during helped me learn to rearrange and eliminate non-performing categories for a cleaner and more useful look, thanks Crazy Egg!
To see an example of the types of reports available – they have a demo that nicely cross promotes Pronet Advertising.
Crazy Egg will also likely one day make a great Harvard Business Case study on how to launch a web property for the following 7 reasons:
1) They have always been transparent since day 1, public and open about their idea and primary vision – no NDA talk EVER! (I hope everyone learns from this?)
2) They used case studies that focused on client’s needs of early adopters in the blogosphere to tout the products benefits. This made the value proposition more clear to people.
3) The above two items enabled viral marketing to occur organically. I can’t say enough about the importance of this.
4) They sought out critical influencers to try the product and then asked for feedback.
5) Crazy Egg actively used this feedback in a timely manner to innovate and improve the product in numerous ways. This laser sharp focus on customer listening was critical.
6) The product is amazingly simple to install and activate and this reduces the barriers to adoption and usage. Many web products skip this important step.
7) Upon launch, a refined, non-beta product was delivered giving an optimal customer experience. Interesting and all too rare a concept these days.
Congrats to Hiten Shah, Neil Patel and the rest of the Crazy Egg team, they’ve worked tremendously hard to make this product a success and I’m certain this hard work will pay off.
Start improving your web site now!