In my post earlier today on Yahoo! Suggestions, I stated the following (in bold no less):
“If Yahoo! builds the appropriate mechanisms to utilize and respond to this feedback, it could easily be the most important thing they do all year.”
I made a post on Yahoo! Suggestions – “Yahoo! E-mail – please improve the spam filters – too much spam gets through” in the hopes that it would get voted on by other people caring about the issue and that Yahoo! would respond by putting resources on correcting the issue. At mid-afternoon, the entry had 9 votes. Then I got the message below stating it was deleted. As I write this I’m absolutely stunned, how can Yahoo! state that the “Suggestion is not actionable by owners of this Suggestion Board, therefore we are removing it.” If this is going to be the normal procedure of Yahoo! Suggestions, I now have serious concerns about the success of the Yahoo! Suggestions initiative. Hopefully, they will review the procedures and improve this.
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:48:25 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Your suggestion on the my suggestion board was deleted
- From: “Do not reply”
- A board administrator has deleted the suggestion you placed on the my
- Suggestion Board.
- Reason provided: Suggestion is not actionable by owners of this
- Suggestion Board, therefore we are removing it.
- Suggestion topic: Yahoo! E-mail – please improve the spam filters
- Yahoo! E-mail – please improve the spam filters – too much spam gets